PIERCED COW HORN HURRICANCE
- Rose & Fitzgerald is a design-and-craft studio in Uganda founded by a Californian couple. Products combine a sense of coastal living from their Californian roots with the beauty of indigenous materials and local craftsmanship they encounter in Africa.
- Crafted of ethically sourced cow horn, this hurricane is hand-pierced to filter light in the loveliest way.
- Ankole cattle horn has been used by East Africans for centuries. This natural hurricane was hand carved on a lathe, shaped and moulded at high temperatures, meticulously sanded, and then polished for a smooth and shiny finish
- Due to the considerable size of Ankole horns and their wide range of naturally occurring colors, this hurricane is truly one-of-a-kind; no two are exactly alike.
- Approximately 8 inches tall and 5 inches wide
Materials & Care
- 100% Ankole cow horn, locally sourced
- Wipe clean using a soft cloth. Avoid contact with heat sources and extreme temperatures and direct sunlight.
- Make sure your lit candle is placed in the very center of the hurricane, as to not cause an inner wall to become over-heated by the flame.